Monday 22 October 2007

a good day out

the quilters regional day was a great sucess,the young quilters did fabric painting in the morning, and in the afternoon sewed up their fabric into tote bags, and made little log cabin style patchwork cards.

Miss K was in heaven, there were 4 others girls there, all older than her (and 3 of them had won prizes at the Festival of Quilts! ) and she quietly got on with it in her own way, and got to use a sewing machine for the first time which just made her day! They had these great machines that had no foot pedal just an on/off switch, and you could make them go real slow. perfect for children and beginners. and apparently for japanese people that sew whilst sitting on the floor...

We had a talk by Phillippa Naylor who made this beauty, and many others whilst living in Saudi Arabia, and she talked about living there, and learning to quilt. more about her here






and after the talk we did a hand sewn block, and the winner of a raffle got to take them all home, and make them up into a quilt, I was so relieved it wasn't me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound like a great day out. But I can understand not wanting the responsibility for everyone's blocks - they'd end up in a bag in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day out. I like the idea of sewing whilst sitting on the floor! thanks for the get well wishes
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.