Wednesday 23 July 2008

tags, awards, and the summer holidays



I've been very lucky recently to nominated twice for this award by Lisa and Anna - thank you to you both! I am truly grateful and couldn't have done it without all you lovely people who visit - there how's that for a naff acceptance speech.

Here are the rules for this award:1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.2. Link to the person you received your award from.3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.4. Put links of those blogs on yours.5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body's mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant



Pink Purl and Attic 24 were also handing out awards, so I've collected these two pretty ones, I love the way I can decorate my blog with them..... (how sad is that!)








I'd like to pass them on to


Sheila at Tea and Toast for her lovely thoughtful Fridays


Val at dottycookie, who has such fun projects for the little ones


Phillippa at driftwoodshack for inspirational photos


and also to all of you, I know that's not the rules, but ...............

weeks and weeks ago I was tagged for the "Five Things" tag by attic 24.


These are the rules.


1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.


I've done some of these before so I'm going to change it a bit to 5 things we're going to do this summer.


1. play with lego - lots of lego, I love it, and so does E
2. have a pretend art school, with help from here
3. go and play on the beach
4. try and speak lots of french with the help of the fridge magnets Miss K got from her teacher
5. reading and baking, with help from this book, we're planning a whole summer of fun we're going to call "Story Food Summer"






instead of tagging 5 people I'd like you all to leave me a comment, and tell me what you're going to do this summer!

14 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for the award - I've been rubbish at posting abiout these recently, really mjust get my act together!

    As for the summer, we plan to picnic, and swim, and pretend to be tourists in Cambridge on an open top bus. And not spend too much money ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a very well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to do some nostalgic reading and baking from 'Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer' too. K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to potter in the garden and when it rains - potter about in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your awards :) Sounds like you have a lovely summer planned. As for myself I will be working all summer :( but am hoping to get in some fun activities too such as the free concert in the park near me this weekend and maybe a little bit of crocheting - I only learnt how to do it recently and I'm 'hooked' (groan!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Tess- this summer we hope to learn to swim, build a secret camp in the bushes (don't tell anyone!)pass my driving test(been learning 20 years this year!)and make 10 new friends. We do lots of cooking/drawing through the year so we are concentrating on getting outside, if the British summer let's us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. spend as much time outdoors as possible and as much time together as a family as we can
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats sweetie- hope you're keeping those trophies dusted?!
    This summer we are both working, pretty much, but do intend to get in as much camping as possible at weekends-starting tomorrow! Our lounge floor is covered in camping equipment waiting to be loaded up into the car as soon as we both get home, hurrah!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. well deserved awards, Tess!

    this summer I'll mostly be working a bit at playscheme, going to Wales on holiday,celebrating No2's 12th birthday, going to see REM, going glamping...WOW, that sounds like an action-packed summer!

    To start with, we're off to a wedding tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award--couldn't have been given better! Jane's new book sounds scrumptious! This summer DH & I have a mish-mash going on of painting the exterior of our house, but also lots of fun outings locally, picnics at the beach, lazy dinners on the terrace, basically drinking in summer for all its worth and enjoying! Happy weekend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the award! My first ever! I love doing the thoughtful Fridays.
    The summer - well some work has to be done throughout but hopefully not as much travelling as recently. Then at the end a wonderful trip to Haute Savoie in France and then helping to pack up daughter no.4 to go to Uni! It will be a wrench and I am trying to prepare myself.
    Have a great time reading those wonderful books and building lots of lego models.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to spend my summer reading and knitting and being with the kids. Mind you that's how I spend my winters too just more of it indoors. Love seeing what fun you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the awards...as for the lego...Mmmm that is just what my two are doing now, its all over the living room and the garden...still it beats sitting in one of those play places. As for what we will be up to...being outside and by the beach as much as possible, looking forward to some camping trips in the camper and getting some summer sewing and knitting done...Have a great summer....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, lots of awards you lucky person!

    Plans for summer here are beach, roller skating, holiday-at-home and more beach lol .... :0)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.