Wednesday 16 November 2011

walking for charity.

today I'd like to introduce to you Where'sWallace who's fundraising aid of Cancer Research UK. He's walking from John O'Groats to Lands End, stop off along the way to visit 16 of the funded research centres, a journey of approximately 1500 miles in 6 months.

who are Cancer Research UK?
a quote;
"Cancer Research UK is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. We carry out scientific research to help prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. We have discovered new ways to beat cancer that together have saved hundreds of thousands of lives across the world.

One in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Our groundbreaking work, funded almost entirely by the general public, will ensure that millions more people survive. "

and you can help

visit his facebook page, and like it, share it,  write a link to it. raise awareness.

visit his website, watch the videos about what he's learnt, see where he is, maybe you can meet up and walk along the way a bit.

so far he's travelled over 400 miles, worn through one pair of boots already and visited Glasgow, Dundee, Edinburgh, next stop Newcastle, to the Northern Institute of Cancer Research, then south to Leeds.

we gave him a bed for the night, dinner, a packed lunch, and a cooked breakfast to send him on his way, but any help is much appreciated.

visit justgiving

1 comment:

  1. I used to work for Cancer Research UK years ago when it was called Cancer Research Campaign.

    I was inspired to volunteer as soon as I turned 16 after suddenly losing my grandad to cancer when I was 14. He was only 68 and I was very close to him, closer to him than anyone else in my family in fact so my teenage years were not the best. After starting there as a volunteer at 16 and soon after I was offered paid work because I was good and they wanted to keep me! I worked there until I was 19 and had qualified as a Teaching Assistant and got a job. I often think I'd like to go back and do more voluntary work but at the moment, life is too busy.

    It's a very worthy cause and if I can find a few spare pennies I will make a donation.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.